I’ve had a blog about literature in Italian for some years, then two months ago I started writing this blog in English. I couldn’t imagine I would have found an interested blog-community fond of books and art just in a few days… I was stunned.
I don’t like taking part in awards but I think it’s an effective way to make good blogs known and to establish a little blog community. However, I am a bit shy… so when I was nominated twice for the Liebster Award I was reluctant. I wrote my answers and kept the posts for a while, but then deleted them. Now I’ve been nominated again for another award that really sounds poetic: Very Ispiring Blogger Award. I feel appreciated and send my thanks to my dear friend Lena’s Ink Cage and to my lovely blog-friend Bookish. I take the occasion to introduce some of my favourites blogs to you.
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
1. I love reading, painting, dancing, writing, cooking …and a number of other things.
2. I started reading as a small child. My favourite children books were Pippi Longstocking and Rasmus and the Vagabond by Astrid Lindgren, Momo by Michael Ende, The BGF and Matilda by Roald Dahl and The Happy Prince and other stories by Oscar Wilde.
3. When I was young I did a lot of travelling and ecological volunteering. It was wonderful.
4. I love Mozart and dancing samba.
5. Children say I am a good teacher. I don’t know if it’s true, but they seem sure.
6. I have a number of food intolerances so I am improving my cooking skills. One day I will be able to cook wonderful dishes without ingredients and that day is near.
My nominees – Books, Poetry, and Writing:
1. Lena’s Ink Cage. As I told you, this is a friend of mine. She is a keen reader and writer. You will find funny, short book reviews about both contemporary and classic books.
2. Bookish. She is a great reader. In her blog you will maily find contemporary book reviews.
3. Books, yo. He is a keen reader and reviewer. His reviews are sharp and sometimes caustic, but in his blog you will only find good books.
4. Kinna Reads. She is a Ghanese reviewer. I really love her blog. It has a book review page with a great list of interesting writers and books, mostly African.
5. Edizioni Kolibris. She is a great young publisher and a friend of mine. Her publishing house is devoted to POETRY and it is polyglot and multicultural. You can buy books and read poetry on her website.
6. Writer in the Storm. It is a blog managed by a community of writers. You will find advices and funny articles about the job of writing. I find ti very interesting and inspiring.
7. It’s all about books. I found this blog a few days ago and was stunned by Yvo’s profile and her choice of books. I now want to follow her blog and read her reviews.
My nominees – Art and Photography:
8. Citizen Sketcher. I dont’ know if you have ever tried watercolor painting. If ou decide to try… you will find an entire world and a great community. They travel and experience everthing through drawing and watercolors. I only suggest yo one. In this blog, you will see the world through the artist’s wonderful sketches.
9. Photo Synthesis. Wonderful photographer from Bangladesh.